That’s it! How easy is that? Just pour the syrup into some sort of container. You can use a water bottle, a cup, whatever! My aunt sent us this cool pancake batter dispenser to use with our Baby Cake maker. It is great and I love finding new uses for things I already have. Put the syrup in the fridge to cool down for a few hours.
The syrup will be good for a week in the fridge – if it lasts that long!
Once it is ready, make your snow cones and pour this deliciousness over it! Check out my creamy, dreamy snow cone recipe here. You can even add a little fresh sliced fruit to top off the whole thing!
This is syrup is great with any fruit, blueberries, raspberries, etc. I wouldn’t use the coconut in those but feel free to play around.
Another syrup I found that I really liked was making these with Koolaid. Just follow the simple syrup directions above and then add a koolaid packet or two and cook. Strawberry and Cherry was a great combination. If you don’t have fresh fruit on hand, this is great option!
What combinations do you want to try out?
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- In a pot over medium heat, mix water and sugar to make a simple sugar.
- Once sugar is dissolved, take out 1/4 cup of the simple sugar and add it and the strawberries to a blender. Blend completely.
- Mix the blended strawberries back into the simple syrup and stir in coconut extract. Let boil for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a container and let cool completely.
- Once it is ready, pour over snow or crushed ice.