I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 pkg Rice-a-Roni, chicken flavor
- 2 T Butter
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 - 6 oz pkg French Fried Onions
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Frozen Broccoli Florets
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove broccoli from the freezer and set on the counter.
- Begin to cook your chicken. I boil the chicken in 2 cups chicken broth and 3 cups of water but grilled, baked, whatever you prefer will work.
- Prepare the Rice-a-Roni according to the package directions with the butter.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove from water/broth and shred with two forks.
- In a bowl combine, chicken, rice, broccoli, soup and sour cream. Put in a casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Pull out the casserole and sprinkle the french fried onions over the top and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Watch carefully to be sure the onions don't burn, you just want to heat them up slightly.