Today I’ve got a yummy recipe to share that has been in my family’s regular rotation for as long as I can remember it’s Au Gratin Potatoes.
My mom and grandma make these so well. I seriously love these potatoes. They are so creamy and delicious. I’m from Utah and “funeral potatoes”are commonly associated with the state and culture. I love this recipe because I’m not a fan of most traditional scalloped potatoes (aka “funeral potatoes”). I don’t like the sliced potato rounds. This uses diced potato cubes.
Sprinkle the green onions on the top as well.
- 1 lb Diced cooked potatoes or 1 package of frozen diced potatoes
- 1/4 c Butter or Margarine
- 1 can (10 3/4) Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 C sour cream
- 1/2 C Milk
- 2 C Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/3 C Chopped Green Onions
- 1 1/2 C Crushed Corn Flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place potatoes in greased 9X13 pan and set aside.
- In sauce pan over low heat add 1/4 c margarine, soup, sour cream, milk, cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and everything is well incorporated. Pour mixture over potatoes and mix.
- Crunch the corn flakes and sprinkle them on top of the potato / cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the green onions on the top as well.
- Bake for 45 minutes.