We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. See our full disclosures, TOS, and policies for more information.
I love a good guac! This recipe has parmesan cheese and tomatoes and spices and is so creamy and delicious, you’ll love this Parm & Tomato Guacamole.
There was this girl who worked at the accounting firm I worked at like a million years ago. She was a temporary employee but we hit it off and invited her and her boyfriend over for dinner one night. She brought this guacamole that she learned to make in Guatemala. It was so tasty. The only problem was that she wouldn’t share the recipe! She did admit that there was parmesan cheese in it like the powdery cheap type of cheese but that’s all I could get out of her.
I’ve tried a lot of recipes and every guacamole I’ve tried since has been fine but only fine in comparison. But I think I’ve tinkered and tweaked to find something as close to what I remember from that night. I’m excited to share that with you. It’s a delicious parm & tomato guacamole.
Put the avocados in a bowl and mash up with a fork. I like mine a little chunkier but mash it up the way you like. Add in the tomatoes and all of the other ingredients. Mix it gently to incorporate everything. Cover and chill for about 30 minutes. Then serve immediately. It is so good with chips or on tacos. YUMMY! So much flavor and a nice little spin on typical guacamole.
I still don’t get why people don’t share recipes but that’s okay, I’m glad I have my own now! I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 Avocados, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (or a little chopped onion if you prefer)
- 1 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese - powder kind
- Put the avocados in a bowl and mash up with a fork. I like mine a little chunkier but mash it up the way you like.
- Add in the tomatoes and all of the other ingredients. Mix it gently to incorporate everything.
- Cover and chill for about 30 minutes. Then serve immediately.