I was in the mood for meat one day and really wanted something outside of our normal meal list so I wandered around Publix and came up with my own version of Street Steak Tacos. Surprisingly, I had almost all the ingredients at home.
These things are so good and totally remind my husband and I of something you would get off a food cart on the street which is why they are named street steak tacos.
They are actually pretty easy and super tasty.
- 4 - Skirt Steaks (thin steaks)
- 4 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 T Oil
- 1 T Onion Powder or chopped onions
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 C Mozzarella Cheese
- Corn Tortillas
- Pinto beans - rinsed and drained
- Thinly Shredded Lettuce
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Other topping ideas:
- Diced Avacado
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Sour Cream
- Marinate your steaks in worcestershire sauce, olive oil, onion powder, salt and pepper. You'll want to marinate your steaks for at least an hour but even throw them in a ziplock in the morning and refrigerate to marinate and they will be awesomely marinated by the time you are ready to make these for dinner.
- Start cooking your rice. I use a rice cooker and substituted the water for chicken broth and it was fantastic. While that's cooking, you want to cook your steaks in a pan on medium heat. I used my kitchen shears and cut small pieces of meat.
- Meanwhile, chop your veggies. Rinse and drain the pinto beans and heat up on the stove or in the microwave. Then heat up your corn tortillas in a pan for about a minute on each side. Once the rice and meat is done, you are ready to assemble.
Powered by Zip Recipes
This will make 6 full tacos. I hope you enjoy!
Nadine Lynn says
You had me at tacos! These look fabulous and different from traditional ground beef ones. Thanks for sharing!!!
karin mcmillan says
i enjoy the recipes
Terry L Pritt says
Where is the recipes at? I could not find it 🙁
Thank you Terry! Had a technical glitch but I’ve fixed it and it’s working now. Thanks for letting me know.