This is so delicious! Stephen is a HUGE BBQ sauce fan – in fact it is just about the only condiment that he will use so I try to bring it in to meals as much as possible. I was originally envisioning this more as a pocket / calzone type dish but it kind of created itself and the results were delicious!
You can use Pillsbury refrigerated dough or if you are near a Winco you can try their brand bagged pizza dough in the refrigerated section near the cheese and pasta sauces – it is my new favorite thing. You can also make it yourself but I haven’t mastered that yet!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a medium sized cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
On medium heat, mix the beef with the onion soup mix.
When the meat is browned, drain and pour evenly over the dough.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce - whatever brand you like. We prefer the sweeter stuff!
- 1/2 cup cheese
- Favorite Pizza Dough
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a medium sized cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- On medium heat, mix the beef with the onion soup mix. Then mix in the BBQ sauce.
- Roll out the dough on the cookie sheet. Make sure the dough isn't too thin - unless you like a super thin crust. Our dough didn't quite fill the sheet.
- When the meat is browned, drain and pour evenly over the dough. Cover with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes until the edges turn slightly golden brown.
- Cut into squares. Serves well with a side salad or green beans!