Happy Birthday to my Mom! I get to see her in a couple days and I am so excited for her visit! For her birthday, I wanted to give her the gift of relaxation and an experience. I’m sharing with you my idea on giving the gift of an experience and mailing a wrapped package!
My mom will be visiting soon and we will do some fun stuff together and doing lots of shopping. It’s going to be great and also probably a little tiring. I wanted to do more than just grab something off Amazon. I’ve been trying to make gifts a little more meaningful and thoughtful. I wanted the gift to last a little bit too. What better than sending a relaxing experience? This would work well as a birthday gift, Mother’s Day gift, etc.
I made most of the items myself and I’ll be sharing the details in coming days. I’ll add some links in once they post.
This gift includes:
1) Dinosaur ring holder and jewelry dish. My 2 year old son loves dinosaurs right now and he said he wanted to give her a dinosaur for her birthday so I thought this could be functional but fun for her.
2) Also pictured here is a pom necklace I made.
3) Tissue Paper Coffee Mug
4) My favorite kind of nail polish in some fun colors.
5) Coconut Lime Fizzy Salt Scrub – this stuff makes my skin so soft and smells amazing!
6) Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Sea Salt Cashews – I got these in a Christmas gift from one of my favorite people on the internet and they were so yummy, I love sharing them with others.
Did you know that you can mail wrapped packages? I love making a gift look pretty and who wouldn’t delight in receiving this from the mailman? I wrap most gifts for the mail in wrapping paper. I put extra shipping tape on the edges and over the mailing label to be sure it doesn’t get ripped off, if it happens to catch on something.
This time I also made the inside of the package look pretty too. I wrapped each little gift in tissue paper, added in some air packets from a recent Amazon package to keep everything safe and secure, then wrapped all that with tissue paper.
I also put some tissue paper on the box flaps too.
I sealed it all up and then wrapped it up with some heavy tissue paper I found at Hobby Lobby. Don’t make the same mistake I did and forget to put the card in the box first though! Luckily, I remembered before wrapping the box.
In the card, I included a little note that said, “Grab a cup of joe, slip off your jewelry and hang it in Dino-mite style. Have a nice soak and enjoy some sweet treats. Top it off with fresh paint and a new accessory!”
I hope she enjoys it! Who do you know that could use a gift of relaxation and have you ever mailed a wrapped package before?
capturing joy with kristen duke says
I LOVED seeing this cute post AND to see that you love the cashews as much as me AND then to see that sweet link over to me;) Love what you are sharing here, girl!